I am working on restoration of my 47 five window 3600. Originally it was Cape Maroon in color. That was not very common color from what I understand. It will have the maroon seat covers, door panels, and seat back panel. It will have grey head liner and the standard gold/grey dash paint. This is the deluxe cab with all the chrome or SS trim. It did not have the original engine when I got it, it is a 59 235 that I just completely rebuilt. It has the 4 speed. What COLOR should I go with??? I was thinking maybe a burgandy metalic, but my wife thinks red would be her choice. Or should I go with the original cape maroon?? I want it to look nice, I'm NOT into rat rod trucks or cars. It is not going to be a perfectly correct in every detail restoration (because the engine is not the original) I just want it to look nice and function as it should. I'm thinking of an overdrive unit to make it a little better for highway use, say 55mph and keep my RPM's down a bit.
Last edited by Peggy M; 07/06/2023 11:44 PM. Reason: added more info to the title