'41 through '46 and early '47 are basically the same cab. If you think about the timing of US involvement in WWII it makes sense that you would see some civilian '42s out there. I've also seen at least one '45 that was the same.

While most production '42 thru '45 was in support of the war effort it does appear that some civilian type vehicles were manufactured during that time and are now titled with a manufacture date in that period.

In a recent post SUBLIME updated progress on his Art Deco frame swap. When I mentioned a couple guys on this board working on them I wasn't able to recall either's name. WingedExpress was one, Sublime is the other. Sublime's is a four-wheel-drive with widened front fenders and running boards.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...