Hey Guys,
I've been reading many posts regarding frame swaps / fender mods etc.. I have a 1945 Chevy 1.5 ton that was used as a water tanker and snow plow for my town till 1991 when the guy I bought it from had put a dump bed on it. Well, anyhow, I've been collecting parts up and am now in the early stages of putting my '45 cab on a '79 chevy crew cab duelly chassis that I bought and drove home for $200 ( 454,SM 460 granny gear 4-speed, new tires on rear)The body was trash, but chassis is in very good shape and is now rid of the rotting body. I'll be widening 1/2 ton fenders and running board, will run the 16.5" tires so the stock fenders will look a little too big. I will post pictures as I go, all I'll get done this year is to get the cab,pedals,radiator support etc.. off and ready for next summer's big push. Oh, the existing '45 chassis is ok and I could have used it, but I wanted more parts availability and will be towing with it a lot. (goose neck w/tractors) More later, Bruce