| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,225 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 583 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 583 | The axle housing has a machined steel protusion that is part of the axle housing that rides in a groove in the pillar block, preventing it from moving sideways. The gear lube is leaking from the pillar block and down the ubolts. I have to move the rear axle housing rearward to remove the drive shaft from the transmission. Then I'll know exactly where it is coming from. My hoist lift is on the cold side of the barn, that's why I'm waiting for Spring. I could prop up the axle housing and remove the ubolts and drop the pillar block, but I want to replace the pilot bearing and the okie and bushing in the drive shaft tube.
Rick
1939 Chevrolet Stake Truck
| | |
| |
| |