Originally Posted by Hotrod Lincoln
Are they plastic or brass? It's very simple to make them from a piece of brass rod if you have access to a lathe. The early ones didn't have bushings, and they were bad about wearing out the pivot pins.
Jerry

I have a lathe and some scrap brass I will resort to if needed. There was some form of bushing on these weights but it disintegrated to dust when removing. I'm guess old templon plastic of some sort.

I am wondering if the dizzy wasn't already rebuilt once prior due to the use of weights with larger pivot holes and bushings vice what you indicate on the lack of bushings on the early units. The pivot pins do show some significant wear. I tried a set of bushings from an HEI recurve kit on theses weights but they didn't fit. The more I look the more I think custom turning some is the only answer.


1964 Chevrolet C60 Real Farm Truck
in Gallery Forum