I vote rechroming. I had my 51 GMC front redone and it was about the same price as your quote. It fits like glove, looks amazing, and I didn’t have ANY issues at all putting it back together. Ask the chrome shop if you can do any work. I saved some money by welding up holes, hammering and dollying, disassembling my grill at home and giving the pieces to them. I then had to reassemble them, but I enjoyed every minute. If I recall correctly, it saved me over $400 in labour (off their quote).

When it’s all done you won’t look back and say, “Man, I wish I had just rechromed the original...”
Attachments

Last edited by Fox; 12/25/2021 4:47 AM.

1970 Chevrolet C10
Grandpa's -- My first truck -- In progress to shiny
Follow the build in the Project Journal
1950 Chevrolet 1-Ton Dually
"Ole Red Girl"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures here
1951 GMC 9430 1 ton dually--Shiny! | 1972 Chevrolet C20- Rusty- the puzzle box lid for the C10 | 1962 AMC Rambler American- my wife's
Parts trucks-
1951 GMC 9300 | 1951-GMC 9430 | 1951- Chevrolet 1300