| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,137 Members48,435 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | I've never seen any evidence of a disk brake conversion for these. I've thought about adapting disks to one, but its going to be a challenge to figure out what disks, bearings and calipers to use. Please let us know if you solve that one...
I saw a '51 Chevy 4100 at a car show this weekend that has a 383 (stroker small block) and the SM420. It also has a 3-speed brownie that allows it to run 70 on the freeway.
I'd sure what to be sure my brakes were good before trying that!
Anyway, the owner said that even with the stroker motor he was disapointed at the performance when loaded, because the motor does not have the torque he wants.
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | |
| |
| |