It did NOT run when it was parked, Lord knows if it ever ran. When my Father dropped it off (I wasn't here) he was steering it off the trailor. Well, without brakes, he got a longer ride than he thought he would. Drove all the way down the street! I asked him later why he didn't have the tranny in 1st or reverse, and use the clutch. He just looked at me, like, "Where were you when I needed help?". As to the door lock, evidence (VIN) is now pointing to it being a 41, and I thought 41s had integrated door handle/lock cylinders. But like Bill said, part swaps happen. There are some pics attached to an earlier post. Peg is working frantically to get a web page up in the gallery section. I can also email you pics privately if you like. Thanks for the good wishes!


David C. Wilker Jr.
USAF (RET)