30 years ago I knew a guy who's dad had an AD school bus that had been converted to a motorhome. It had a 400 small block in it.

I've often wondered what happened to it, but that's a lot of years and nearly 600 miles away from here.

10 or 12 years ago Tom Mullen, the since deceased publisher of Rod & Custom built a F*** school bus based on a late 40's or early 50's truck (if I remember right...). It had the IFS from a modern 1-ton Chevy, a big-block and updated rear-end.

They shortened the body some if I remember right. Took the bus apart and put it back together with out some of the panels.

Clearly it made an impression on me because I remember it pretty clearly!


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...