Welcome, Raniertruckman.
You have certainly come to the right place to talk about old stovebolts, and it sounds like you are well on your way with the truck.
This place has a good collection of knowledgeable folks who are ready and willing to help, and you have met two already.
It sounds like your trip from Montana to Washington was great fun, ans I'm sure it gave you a wonderful opportunity to get to know your truck. I have driven my '46 1-1/2 ton from Arizona to California to Texas, and those are miles I will never forget.
Ask your questions here in the Big Bolts corner of the garage, or post specifically to the Electrical Bay, Engine and Driveline Shop, etc. where you will find fellers checking out the questions of a "highly technical" measure.
Always remember that if you have a question, about 150 other fellers probably have the same question, so have a go at it.
I know Joker will be on my case again for not puttin picutres of my truck in the Gallery, but when you can, everyone would like to see pictures of your truck. Check out the Gallery to see others trucks and stories, and if you are looking for parts and stuff, the Swap Meet is the place for buyin' and sellin' and hagglin'.