| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,128 Posts1,056,685 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 7 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 7 | Hi everyone, I am new to Stovebolt and have some questions. I bought my Granddad's '48 1.5 ton Loadmaster and drove it to Western Washington from Eastern Montana. A total of 1,200 miles. The truck has 17,000 miles and has been garaged its entire life. Needless to say it is in really great shape. Except two of the cylinders on the engine were low in compression. I decided to take the engine out and have it overhauled. I am now having some questions regarding the engine. I am told from the people overhauling the engine that it is a 235 even though it has the two bolts that hold the valve cover in place and has the taller side cover over the lifter area. Could the early model 235's have been like that? In my owners manual it has where the Loadmaster has a 235 in it. So I know that they did have them in it but it sure doesn't look like the 235 in my '63. Also does anyone know where I can find a shop manual for my Loadmaster. Thanks | | | |
Entire Thread
|
new to stovebolt, '48 Loadmaster info
| rainiertruckman | 01/25/2005 3:39 AM |
Re: new to stovebolt, '48 Loadmaster info
| Cletis | 01/25/2005 4:48 AM |
Re: new to stovebolt, '48 Loadmaster info
| Racecarl | 01/25/2005 4:54 AM |
Re: new to stovebolt, '48 Loadmaster info
| rainiertruckman | 01/25/2005 5:48 AM |
Re: new to stovebolt, '48 Loadmaster info
| Glenn A. Foster | 01/25/2005 3:22 PM |
Re: new to stovebolt, '48 Loadmaster info
| kb3csw | 01/25/2005 4:26 PM |
Re: new to stovebolt, '48 Loadmaster info
| OldSub | 01/26/2005 3:46 AM |
Re: new to stovebolt, '48 Loadmaster info
| rainiertruckman | 01/26/2005 4:03 AM |
Re: new to stovebolt, '48 Loadmaster info
| dakota | 01/26/2005 4:59 AM |
Re: new to stovebolt, '48 Loadmaster info
| OldSub | 01/26/2005 9:10 PM | |
| |
| |