Just drive it.

My C60 traverses the 75 miles between two farms on the regular, thru small towns and two smaller cities. Not it is not conducive for getting onto the highway (which I do) nor for traversing city streets, but I do exactly that. Most big trucks recognize my limitations and make accommodations in the slow lane without any hassle minus the occasional sneer over the CB when traffic is heavy and I am loaded and starting from a light. As to the other cars on the road; whatever, everyone could use a little slow down in life sometimes.

I have honestly found more enjoyment and content from being the slowest on the road than anything, and in turn, it keeps me from having to be in a rush, so its a win win. No need to sell or do surgery on the old girl, just drive her, and to heck with what anyone else will think about you on the road. Life is too short to not enjoy what you drive. Do routine brake maintenance and inspection and keep the e-brake ready and you'll be fine.

Plus, every time I am in the city, I get plenty of thumbs-up and lots of comments. For every nasty driver there is one who is all about it.


1964 Chevrolet C60 Real Farm Truck
in Gallery Forum