| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,141 Posts1,056,488 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 281 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2005 Posts: 281 | Thanks Jerry. As far as I can determine, the lockup is working correctly. Its definitely locked up at speed and releases when I touch the brake. I have about 10-11" manifold vacuum at constant 75 mph and the power piston spring is set to start to lift the rods at around 9" vacuum. I might try a still lighter spring but its got good throttle response now. I temporarily install a vacuum gage in the cab when I do testing and it is very revealing to see how sensitive the vacuum is to small changes in the throttle. I've probably wasted more gas just doing the testing than I will ever save.
Mark | | |
| |
| |