So after owning it since probably 8yrs, I finally spent time on it over this past year and got my 1957 Chevy 3100 on the road. The original plan was a full rolling chassis with the IFS and 4link rear, discs all around, etc, etc. That didn't happen and the itch to just drive it outweighed the dream scenario. So I did what was necessary. I had a spare drag race fuel cell laying around so I put that in the bed, replaced the fuel pump, a new carb (Mike's Carburetor Parts - single barrel replacement), battery, brake master cylinder and all four wheel cylinders, the front hubs were 5lug while the rear were 6lug, so I replaced the front hubs with new roller bearing 6lug hubs and drums, replaced all brake lines, door hinges, locks, strikers, and most door hardware, and I think thats about it.

Maiden voyage was this past 4th of July and have driven it a few times since. It's still got plenty to be done on it and it rattles like a coffee can full of bolts and nothing related to instrumentation works at all, but I LOVE IT.

More interesting to me is how my thinking has changed. I wanted this beautifully resto/mod truck at first and now I just want it as is, minus some fixed and such. It's got so much charm and character. If i did all that work, I feel like I'm negating all that. Now I have to figure out what I'm gonna do with the 375hp Chevy 350 I had built for it.

Anyway, thanks to all the folks who helped me with a little advice on some of my questions..... god I wish my father was alive. He spent years as a mechanic and a body man as well. He would be such a help, and he would love this project. None the less, Stovebolt and Youtube have done a great job filling his shoes. Thank You all. Here are a few pics of it and I'm sure there will be more questions to come.

Thank You again.
Attachments
image0 (2).jpeg (52.5 KB, 344 downloads)
image2 (1).jpeg (60.7 KB, 336 downloads)
image3 (1).jpeg (50.39 KB, 328 downloads)
image1 (1).jpeg (51.89 KB, 324 downloads)
image0 (3).jpeg (34.73 KB, 322 downloads)


1957 Chevy 1/2-ton