Ran accross a cute, short IH 1710 Cargo Star truck for cheap! Couldn't resist! Don't need it! Can't find much info yet! Mama will kill me, when she finds out! Anyway, this is a COE, very small cab, has twin controls, steering, pedals and all. Was a sweeper of some sort. Low miles, around 30,000, but had small carb fire for some reason. It is a gas V-8, maybe 304 or 345? commone engine. Has auto, maybe an Alison trans. Control on dash has 1 2 3 D, so maybe 4spd? OR Alisons have multi-shifting "levels" to go through according to what I have found on them. Biggest setback is Air Brakes. Need CDL to drive those. Maybe it will just set around for years like most of my stuff, ha! Where is some info on old IH and maybe some pix? I tried Hank's pix site, didn't find one there. Need a manual for it also.
That steering is weird! One regular column with a gear box at bottom above floor. A jointed shaft accross floor to another exact IH column and both turn together. Not sure if 2nd one goes past floor or stops there. I'm also not sure I wanna take it out or have just to be neat! Think I'll remove 2nd gas and brake pedals though.


G.L. Grumpy's
Old Iron Ranch
Huntington, IN 46750


MM R tractor, Speedex
and Power King tractors