After a unfortunate deal with a very dishonest hotrod shop, I am now working on getting my truck finished. Among the many issues which I am chasing, I cannot get the front fenders lined up to an sort of satisfactory level. Some terribly strange things have been done to the truck and I am starting at zero to work out these strange things. The single radiator core support bracket which is normally rivetted in the center was welded in place and bolts too short to accommodate the required rubber bushing or any shims were welded in the bolt holes. Additionally, the mounting holes in the crossmember were damaged and plate with holes drilled in it was welded in place over them. The welds look horrible and I have doubts about whether the surface is level. Some considerable work has been done to fit a conventional fan in the core support with a the 292 I6. but apparently no one thought to check the fitment first.

For all you guys who have experience in with these old trucks what is the best way to get this mess straightened out without spending a fortune?

Is there anyone in the Ocala FL area who might be able to lend a hand or even consider paid work?

Thanks