Originally Posted by FAST55
when I built my shop 32x60 I poured the slab extra thick where I planed on putting the lift. I have 12'6" walls and the truss's are 15' tall in the center. worked prefect as the 12K lift was just under 15' tall after installation. I have one bay dedicated to the lift. My problem is where to store all the stuff, welders, plasma cutter engine hoist engine stands, ect. ect. being a retired auto mech I have tons of tools to store. used to park my daily drivers in the shop until my wife started putting her shi... in there, and the daughters crap.I think I need another shop built only twice as big. just remember build to build it twice as big as you think you need :,

What Steve said on shop size. No matter how big though, I suspect it'll be too small a few years later.

And like Steve I had the same problem of family thinking my shop was the family, free storage facility. Then one day I decided I needed the shop back. Told everyone they needed to move their things out, I needed it out within the next month. Gave weekly updates on what was left. Then a month later on a cold rainy day I cranked the backhoe and dug a long, wide 6' deep pit behind the shop. As it got dark I started the fire and popped a cold one. Had a totally enjoyable evening feeding a big fire till around midnight.

Hard to believe but that was 15 years ago and only auto stuff in the shop today. smile

RonR


RonR


1951 3600 with Clark flatbed, T5, 4.10 rear
1970 340 Duster
1990 5.0 V8 Miata (1990 Mustang Gt Drivetrain)
1964 CJ5