I am having an issue with the drum brakes pulling to the left on a hard stop. I’m trying to replace the front hoses and am having difficulty in getting the correct hoses. I went to my local NAPA dealer and was given NAPA part # UP 4900. The end that screws into the wheel cylinder is correct but the inlet side that the brake line screws into, is too big. My brake lines are 3/16” with 3/16” male inverter flare (3/8”-24). The NAPA hose is 7/16” female inverted flare 7/16”-20). The old hose has a 3/16” female inverted flare (3/8”-24).
I checked out retail stores and several online venders and they seem to match the same specifications as NAPA. The only vender that I found that had a sufficient description and had the correct hoses was Classic Parts. others like Chevys of the Fortys and LMC Truck may be correct, but there was no discription.I may have to order them, but I have a NYS inspection scheduled for Thursday and wanted to correct the issue.
I’m taking the old hose in to NAPA tomorrow to see if they can match one up, but I was hoping some other ‘bolter found what I am experiencing and can give me the correct part number.
P.S. Autozone and Advance Auto didn’t even have listings for any ‘52 Chevy parts.
Last edited by Phak1; 07/19/2021 10:28 PM.