Thanks Jon, I tried the 58 at first. It was really nice for clutch work however the mid throttle ~13 was a bit fat for my taste.
And it dropped down to ~10 with the power piston and I could just smell the carbon buildup!

I didn't order a 57, but I think this 56 should do the trick!
I'm under the impression that anything richer than 12-12.5 is a waste of gas and as you mentioned 15 is good mid range.

So I trimmed another two coils from the PP spring (for a total of 6 including the closed end) and now the piston comes on ~3-4"hg.
This will probably satisfy me since I still get 12.5 at WOT and a tiny regime between 2-3"hg where it is still 11.5
I could probably trim another coil but I'm starting to feel for the treads too!


'59 Chevy Suburban, NAPCO