The Utes joke was from a movie. I know what a ute is, no problem. Not making jokes about utes. I did not send you a PM. I see all your post. No problem. You spelled my user name wrong the last time.

Now for your wiring:
I do not know if AU utes are wired differently than how we wire. I assume you have a negative ground system. I do not know what that component I see on the starter is. So not withstanding that:

1. Provide the coil and resistance specified by Pertronix. Use this or use the instructions for your model of Pertronix. They may or may not require a bypass/ballast/resistance to be included. The internet and Pertronix instruction sem to vary from model to model regarding the need for a ballast resistor.

2. Wire the Pertronix unit per instruction for your model. Ignitor 1, Ignitor 2, Ignitor 3. See AU link. Instructions for 1, 2 or 3 are upper right of page.
Here is a quote from Pertronix.
" All our Ignitors are designed to run on 12-volts. Some of them you
need to be sure you have the correct coil that will work with the Ignitor.
On the standard Ignitor which can be the hardest to get this combo correct.
We require certain resistance of the coil depending on the amount of
cylinders. Or you will overheat the Ignitor and it will die.
On the Ignitor II you cannot use a coil that has less than 0.6 ohms of
primary ignition system or it will cause the system to shut down or
overheat. The Ignitor III you MUST run a full voltage to coil and you must
use a coil at around 0.32-0.4 ohms. Or the coil will not keep up with the
ignition system. As you can see it is not just as simply as adding the
Ignitor and running 12-volts to any coil.
Original Ignitor needs 3 ohms, if less, use ballast or internally resisted coil"

3. Usually the Pertronix red wire goes to coil pos and the black to coil neg. Then another wire from ignition switch "ON" terminal to coil pos.


4. Your 6V starter wiring is: Battery positive cable to stud on the starter button. Negative battery cable is best to starter mounting bolt or equivalent ground.

5. Alternator wiring: Battery pos to alternator pos stud. Wire from terminal 2 on alternator to same alternator positive stud. Wire from terminal 1 on alternator to one side of charge indicator light bulb. Out the other side of bulb to Ignition ON terminal. If you don't have an indicator bulb, add it.

This does not sound right:

"The alternator I have is a 2 wire, 10Si
White wire to the coil, and red wire to the solenoid.
I got that connected easy enough, and it has been working fine."

Last edited by bartamos; 06/09/2021 7:48 PM. Reason: Poster has a kit for ignition and satisfied with present charging hookup

Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn