Hi bartamos,
When I first had a go at tidying up the previous owners 12 volt conversion, I purchased a a kit from Vintage Auto Garage, which included an alternator, coil, electronic ignition (to replace the points) and key switch starter motor.
I don't have a ballast resistor, so I assume the coil is handling that.
The alternator I have is a 2 wire, 10Si
White wire to the coil, and red wire to the solenoid.
I got that connected easy enough, and it has been working fine.

I now want to go back to the old starter (and foot pedal), but keep the alternator, coil and Pertronix ignition.

I think I'm answering my own question as I write this, but rather than blow anything up, I want to be sure.

Should that red wire now go directly to my old starter (along with the wire from the battery)

Thanks for any help.
As far as I can make out, I should be able to receive PMs.

Bob
Attachments
sm.jpg (309.18 KB, 103 downloads)
ute 2.jpg (278.77 KB, 102 downloads)