The Factory Assembly Manual Sect 5 Sheet 3.00 shows the mounting location for the hydrovac on the inside of the right frame rail behind the transmission for models 4000-6000. Other references I have show it as an option for 3100 through 3800 series but don't show any location information.
I saw one on a 57 Cameo several years ago that was optioned with power steering as well. The unit was mounted under the hood on the lower left side behind the core support. I'm not sure it was correct however, it looked like a passenger car unit. It may have been dealer installed.
Fred

I'm assisting in the completion of a 57 3100 that has been apart for several years. The owner has a hydrovac unit that he wants installed but he is mostly busy chasing shinny objects. At some point he is going to get serious so we can finish it.


1956 3100 Pickup/Red/350/3sp OD/PS/Disc Brakes
1957 Bel Air Sport Coupe/Red/355/TH350/PS/Disc Brakes
2017 Silverado LT Single Cab SB/Black/5.3/6 Speed Trans
1947 Willys CJ2A w/F-Head engine