| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,623 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2018 Posts: 167 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2018 Posts: 167 | 1950 Chevy truck doors - I've been block sanding my doors and the leading edge of my doors is showing up as a low spot. I've added some filler but when I add enough to bring them up the edge starts to appear fat (thick). I've hammered on the edge a bit but I'm having trouble getting the edge to budge. Its a pretty strong area since its triple thickness (wrap around from the outer skin plus the inside panel). I'm using a 16" block and I'm starting to wonder, maybe this block is just too long? Maybe I'm over obsessing about the edge and I should just use a shorter sanding block so the edge can kind of taper down from the center of the door? Not sure if I'm explaining this well but has anyone else found the door edges to be stubbornly low? Thank you, | | |
| |
| |