Quote
Originally posted by Sawby4president:
A mechanic I know is doubting that the 305 had been introduced until around 1970.
Actually around '70 the 307 would have been common. The 305 came a few years later. I have a '78 305.

The serial number should be on the top surface of the block just in front of the passenger side head. While you're looking for that, check for a machined surface on the front of the head. A rectangle with a triangle on top of it means a power pak head.

Double bumps mean fuely heads and were once considered desirable. If there are accessory mount holes on the forward surfaces of the heads it means the heads are later. No holes means early heads.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...