The clutch on my '47 GMC went out last week. First time driving it since early last summer, Ugh. The whole linkage setup was pretty wonky to begin with. The fork is bent and cracked so that's what ended my travels for the moment.
The truck has a small block Chevy, T5, 11 inch clutch, 621 bellhousing etc. My plan is to put a hydraulic throwout bearing in it. I'm determined to keep the original pedals, so the master cylinder for the throwout bearing will be under the floor. I'll need to fabricate a bracket for mounting. It's tight under there next to the new brake master cylinder, but not insurmountable. Here's a link to the plan from Speedway
here My main questions at the moment are (and I'm sure there will be more soon) if the master cylinder is below the throwout bearing where the bleeder is, will I be able to bleed out the system? will I need some kind of fluid reservoir, like up on the firewall? Seems like the fluid will want to flow downhill back toward the master cyl.