I started using Rislone in my fj60 about 7 years ago right after rebuilt engine with new cam. In many ways the Yota 4.2l is a clear knockoff of the Gm stovebolt. The 60 has a catalytic converter so I’m a little conservative and use about 1/6 bottle of Rislone zinc each oil change with Mobile-1 15W-50. So far so good. It’s been my daily driver and got about 80k since rebuild. Still runs great so I suspect cam is healthy.

Right now I’m adding a full bottle of Rislone per oil change with conventional oil as I’m breaking in my recently rebuilt 216. After break in I plan to switch to Mobile 1 with maybe a half bottle of Rislone. As I recall back when I did research on all of this I learned Mobil-1 15w-50 has a decent zinc content level.

I’m relatively new to these old beasts so my ideas might not be the best. Maybe some of the veterans will chime in...

Last edited by 52Beastie; 04/29/2021 3:27 AM.