After some consideration, my buddy has decided he wants to stay with a more 'classic' approach, and use a 235 with three-on-the-tree. Miraculously, I found an engine/transmission combo on Craigslist that got pulled out of a running '55 passenger car about 3 weeks ago, so we're going to pick that up this weekend.

A challenge I see, is that the chassis appears to be missing the crossmember where the rear motor mounts attach. So far, I can find online every other crossmember but that one. Anybody know of a source?

Otherwise, there may be some serious junkyarding in my future.


-Kevin
Attachments
missing crossmember.jpg (243.99 KB, 241 downloads)

Last edited by Shakey61; 04/12/2021 8:23 PM.

This is what happens when you live with a house-full of women, the wife and daughters name all the cars:
1960 Impala - "Frankie" (Frank Sinatra)
1961 Apache - " 'Mater Jr." (wrecker)
1965 Corvair Monza Convertible
1967 C20 "Ol' Blue" (hidden in a log cabin for 30 years)
1972 SuperBeetle Convertible - "Juliet"
1976 SuperBeetle Convertible - "Olaf"
1988 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce - "Romeo"