That second gearshift looks more like one for an auxiliary transmission. Does it have two transmissions?
I think it has a mechanical hi/lo..? It looks like 2 transmissions underneath. There's a short drive shaft from the trans into the unit in question, then it goes to the rear axle. The PTO is driven from the drivers side of the trans. I'll try and get some pics of the equipment underneath. There's a lot going on!
That looks like an old oilfield rig. Is there a set of pivot points for gin poles at the back of the frame or the bed?
Jerry
Not sure what a gin pole is. There are "were" 2 pivot points at some point. The entire bed frame/structure is made of dimensional lumber. Then was wrapped in steel at some point in its life. It's probably extremely heavy! The winch is probably what broke the back window, that's some serious tubing the hay frame is made of and it looks like someone retracted the winch instead of releasing it. Tore the pipe and left the weld behind!
I did manage to get one stamped number uncovered, hasn't helped though.. S 0218
Located just behind the distributor.
The shift levers are labeled:winch, PTO, bed. Probably newer went very fast with all that rigging in the front?
Ed
I labeled the handles Ed, while I was trying to make out what they were for. I believe the PTO has two positions and the direction the lever is in would determine if you were powering the winch or the hydraulic pump.