I know this may be a little late but if the original tank can be cleaned it looks to be in better shape. I know the dent... I have repaired smaller tanks with some severe dents (motorcycles). If you have access to a large freezer you can seal all the openings an fill it with water, once the water freezes it will expand and push out the dent, it may take more than once to get it right. I only add this comment because I know you are facing a large expense buying a new tank, normally as recommended I would suggest you replace the tank. Freezing it might be an option here.


~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane