| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,079 Posts1,056,296 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 204 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 204 | I know I have many issues with my 55.1 235 engine as far as oil consumption and smoke. I found a mechanic sort of local who will look at it and i'm sure he is going to ask me questions about the motors behaviors. So i will tell him what I think I know, but i don't know why it runs great with some smoke and than after three months runs like poop and smokes like crazy. I change the #5 spark plug and it all gets better. So much oil on that plug, but compersion is close to other cylinders. I will ask him to do a leak down test as per advise from other bolters and if he dosen't do leak down test I will try to find another mechanic. Most of them say "put a 350 in it" | | |
| |
| |