Ok, I decided to order the parts I thought I needed from LMC. It arrived quickly and even faster than that was obviously wrong. My blinker housing is obviously not a 62' housing none of it lines up at all. So change of plans, I'm going with LMC's universal blinker mechanism. I would like to put it back together a little better than it was if I can. I'm keeping the turn signal canceling cam and contact spring bushing. Here's what I'm working with. (pic 1)

I'm trying to figure out if there is any way I can get the horn to function normally, or if I will be forced to add a button under the dash. I would seem that the button mounted in the signal housing doesn't line up with the contact spring bushing, so i figure that making the horn button work in the wheel will be nearly impossible.

Also the housing interferes with the cancel cam and prevents the wheel from making a full rotation. The P.O. had this spring (pic 2) as a spacer between the wheel and the bearing in the turn signal housing in place of the cancel cam. I would like to replace that with something that wont risk damaging the wheel / bearing. Is it a bad idea to trim down the cancel cam with a dremel tool to provide the clearance and maintain the space needed, the cam has a nice seat for the bearing that I would like to use if I can. (pic 3&5 [red line roughly represents where I would cut] )

It's kinda like buying a jigsaw puzzle from a thrift store, There are some pieces missing and some extra pieces from other puzzles in there, but by the end it will have been an exciting and rewarding experience. (hopefully)

if anyone is interested in how I filled the holes in the turn signal housing (pic 4&5) just let me know.
Attachments
20210319_152342.jpg (363.14 KB, 40 downloads)
20210319_152442.jpg (416.44 KB, 40 downloads)
20210319_152505cut?.jpg (261.11 KB, 40 downloads)
20210319_152416.jpg (168.51 KB, 41 downloads)
20210319_152617marked.jpg (103.88 KB, 42 downloads)


62' GMC Fleetside 3/4 ton 235 4-speed.
Time makes fools of us all.