I tried to find the specs and info on the Wild Country Radial XLT M+S.
One website said 50 psi maximum inflation pressure however the tire has the max. pressure molded into the tire.
If your like me, get out your glasses and stoop down to see if you can find it.
One website comparison tested these tires at 44 psi.
TBC Brands North America is the USA dealer/rep for these tires and they are owned by TBC Wholesale Corporation.
TBC Brands lists Wild Country under the Multi-Mile model (
http://www.multimiletires.com).
Multi-Mile says to inflate to the Original Equipment Manufacturers specification on the door plate or sticker.
In a nutshell the tires are made to satisfy the requirement of today's truck manufacturers.
I buy my tires from a trusted local tire shop and I ask them what inflation pressure I should use on my old truck.
Jon gave you some excellent advice. I can only add a chart from a 54 dealers' data book as an example.
There is an optimum inflation. Above and below that negatively affects tire wear.