The bell housing on my 42 looked the same way when I first got it. I just picked a windy day, rolled the truck outside, and got to work. I had the best sucess using a piece of brake line (3/16") hooked to an air hose. Make sure the clutch area is cleaned out very good, including blowing out the holes in the pressure plate housing.
Worst case scenerio would be that the clutch disc is stuck to the flywheel or pressure plate. If this happens you can push down on the clutch pedal but the clutch will not disengage. I have had some limited sucess getting these unstuck by having an assistant hold the clutch pedal to the floor while I hit the disc with a hammer and punch. I suspect you may have more trouble with the teeth on the flywheel that the starter engages. Some of the teeth on my 42 were nearly rusted off.
BTW, what part of 'western Nebraska' are you in? I live in McCook.