Drove the 4400 dumptruck this last weekend. Had an exciting moment when I went to stop and brake pedal went all the way to the floor. Parking brake on the driveline stopped me from heading down a hill. Backed up and parked it by the shop and took the master cylinder cover off an it was close to bone dry with plenty of rusty looking schmegma in it.
I topped it off, pumped the brakes a few times and it does stop now - (I know - it aint right, but I am using off road on mostly level ground for now)
At any rate, I am going to go through the entire brake system and bring up to snuff with new/rebuilt parts. A quick check of the catalogs I have proved the point mentioned earlier that these bigger trucks don't get much respect.
Can anyone give me the short and skinny on what I am in for on this project? Are rebuild kits available for the wheel cylinders? Brake shoes? Master Cylinder? Flex lines?