| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,095 Posts1,056,468 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 23 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2005 Posts: 23 | New gauge came in today and I got it installed...I can only relate my experience with the 12V gauge for the 54 ...none of the 3 I have used will return to empty with the key off...in fact they all came out of the box with the needle on half tank or more. It will register the 3/4 tank of gas that is presently in the truck with key on but goes back to full with key off. I don’t have a clue why it works this way but guess it doesn’t matter as long as it reads correctly with key on....time will tell on that matter. Thanks for all your suggestions ...can always depend on good advice on this site. PS ...if I ever do this again I think I will use the 6V gauge with a resistor.
PaPa Ed's 54 "Yosemite Sam"
| | |
| |
| |