I plan on reusing some fasteners without plating, mainly chassis stuff that haven't been rusted too badly and will be painted over after assembly like bartamos said. Alaska (at least where I am) isn't too bad for corrosion (too freaking cold? wink ), but some bolts were too sketchy in the thread area to comfortably reuse. Then there's the ones that I remove by tightening them till they break, rather than going to the trouble to try and get them unscrewed.

That exhaust dressing paint link looks interesting, and fairly easy.

Last edited by klhansen; 02/11/2021 11:26 PM.

Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.