TUTS 59, thank you! And yeah, I'm planning on doing that for sure. I've questioned the Code 504 guys a ton and also have asked them about their photos online and they have given me a ton of info on it so far. They don't recommend going lower than 4" x 4" because of drag issues.

Hink, I'm running a GM 350 and adding 240lbs with my big rump in the driver's seat.

I plan on running an 18 or 20" rim x 8" wide with an overall diameter between 27-29" on the rear (they said don't exceed 29" with their kit and a 4" x 4" drop). If I go wider on the rim and wider than a 10" tire, I will have to cut out the fender. I'm not sure that I want to do that yet, but I have a bit before I get there, so we will see. On the front, I might go with 18" or 20" rims x 8" wide but with an overall diameter of around 26-27" and that's with a 1 1/2" spacer, that's required.


colby

1952 Chevrolet 3100: Photos
Engine: 219 L6 to 250 L6 to 350 V8
Transmission: Borg Warner T56: 6 Speed (1994 Firebird)

1955 Chevrolet Bel Air
Engine: 265 V8
Transmission: Three Speed
Currently: Rebuilding Engine & Differential

1956 Chevrolet 6400
Engine: 250 L6

1958 Chevrolet Apache 3600
Currently: In Barn

1963 Chevrolet C10 Fleetside
Currently: In Barn