I'm doing basically the same on my 59'. I used a 4" drop axel from Sid's along with a power steering gear from an 86' C10. I flipped the the end of the drag link on the steering box end so it would set level. Using 6% shims should allow it turn much easier as well... I just couldn't see cutting the frame or using a weld in IFS, I wanted it to be a Truck, a lowered one but a Truck.

BTW, nice Truck cool

Last edited by TUTS 59; 02/03/2021 12:34 PM.

~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane