One of the problems I noted with my "other" brand(BBF)hot rod truck, was that the stock pickup frame is subjected to some tremendous tortional forces. Especially if you are planning on tubbing and/or running slicks.

This is most obvious directly behind the rear cab mounts and I had some pictures that showed the bed to cab alignment went from 1" at the bottom to a full 3" at the top during launch. It became obvious that hooking up was going to take a toll on my driver's side frame. It was a factor that I had overlooked that should have been addressed early in my build.

Regardless of your rear suspension choice, you should be aware that big rwhp comes at a price and that to get a pickup competative, you'd be wise to make reinforcements before the fact! Just something else to kick around!!!

Dave

Dave


Webshot "Tips and tricks" and "Shoebox" Photo Albums

EXPERIENCE is the best teacher...but it gives the test first...and the lesson afterwards.

"What this generation tolerates...the next will embrace"