If the ID of the axle is worn only a few thousands, you can use
Loctite 660 to re-secure the bushings. recommended to me by several forum members, I used it last summer to fill the gap on my king pin bushings that were worn between .002”-005”. So far it is still holding tight. The website says it will fill gaps up to .020”.
Just throwing out another option!
Thanks for the idea. I've used LocTite products for various applications in my line of work. It's great stuff for sure. I'm not sure where you were going with using it to secure the bushings, though. I'm going to install new bushings in my spindles (for a 3/4 ton, the bushings are pressed in then reamed to the correct i.d., vs. a 1/2 ton where they are 'floating'), so that's no problem. The hole through the axle is the issue. Yes, I could clean up the hole and use LocTite to take up the slop around the pin, but to do so, when I install the pin, I'd likely get LocTite down into the lower spindle bushing, too, which would not be a good idea.
Brian