Hy Noonan, I had to go and find a picture of the inner bearing to confirm my suspicion, I think your inner bearing has become welded to the axle "wiper" (the part the seal rides on). Those should be two separate pieces. The wiper should be a very snug fit on the axle tube. I have never been able to find a "wiper" part number in my GM parts books. I purchased a seal once for my 59 Chevrolet dump truck, when I compared new seal to old the dimensions were not the same, I thought great, they gave me the wrong seal, I looked in the new seal box again, in it I found an instruction sheet telling me to remove the wiper from the axle tube and then the seal would fit. this was a new design of seal, a "Scott" seal a seal designed to turn internally, you may be able to find such a seal by dimensions