Doug, when I did my brake work I also had a totally dry system. I rebuilt the master and wheel cylinders, all new rubber hoses, all new cupro-nickel hard lines. I bypassed the hydro-vac due to internal leakage. I had no problems filling and bleeding the entire system after everything was installed. I did it the old fashioned way with a helper working the peddle and me at the wheels. I did adjust the shoes real close by jacking up one corner at a time and having a slight drag on them before bleeding. At this point I am not using the hydro-vac, just manual brakes. It does a good job and I've had it loaded three trips with 100 bales of hay. I know the hay is not as much of a load as the truck was spec'd for but it's a good start.


1957 Chevrolet 5700 LCF 283 SM420 2 speed rear, 1955 IH 300U T/A, 1978 Corvette 350 auto, 1978 Yamaha DT175, 1999 Harley Davidson Softail Fat Boy