Drove to work today and back. Took the back roads through the country. It was a great morning and it was really cool to drive along in a truck I have been working on for 2 years. It was a little chilly here in Indiana and so I cranked the rebuilt heater up and it worked great. I ran around 40 to 45 most of the way.
The truck is a 1949 3800 with a 216 and I have tried to keep everything as stock as possible. I did swap.the rear end from a 1972 Chevy so I could go a little faster.
I left the paint on the cab original with all the scratches from its life in Nebraska but painted the hood and front fenders to match... fauxtina I guess they call it. Maybe somedayI will pqint the whole thing but I feel the truck has earned every scratch and dent.