| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (MNSmith, 1955 1 Series, Otto Skorzeny, CandoBrent, GrandpasJimmy, Shaffer's1950, 78buckshot),
73
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,077 Posts1,056,280 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#1377 06/12/2004 11:23 AM | Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 18 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 18 | I just put a new crate engine in my 70 chevy truck. It's a Gm 350 HO with a Holley 770 carb. I'm getting gas in my oil. Both GM and Holley say the carb is not too big. So it isn't the carb pushing too much gas into the engine. The guy from Holley asked if I had a vented gas cap. I did put a new locking gas cap on and I'm pretty sure it's not vented. He said all 70's had vented gas caps to prevent too much pressure building up in the tank. he also said that the pressure builds up and when the engine is shut off it continues to push fuel into the engine which ends up bleeding over? the rings and into the oil. Does this make sense? | | |
| |
| |