The obvious things:
Cars have an electrical solenoid starter and trucks a mechanical activated starter (except truck Hydramatic transmission).
Cars have an automatic choke. Trucks manual.
Cars with automatic transmission had engines with hydraulic lifters. All trucks solid lifters.
On-and-on.....other stuff....but nothing that can't be swapped out.
The same 1958 car casting number for head and block could be used by GM in the following year 1959 truck.

++++++
I'm guessing, but the stamped engine serial number is usually correct for the year the engine was fully assembled.
On the other hand, I've personally seen a 1953 truck that was titled by GM as a 1954.

++++++
1959-62 engines had a change in the rocker arm oiling system.
You would not want to install the 1958 head and rocker arm assembly on the 1959 or later block. Some homework required.
I only mention this in case you want to mix and parts in the future.


"Adding CFM to a truck will only help at engine speeds you don't want to use."
"I found there was nothing to gain beyond 400 CFM."