WOW!

I’m really impressed and encouraged by the # and quality of responses!! Let me see if I can address them all.

OldSub (Steve): I would be very interested in looking at that book. If you come up with the name let me know. Also, if I find it I will post it on the site also.


51 Rust Bucket: Thanks for the advise. Since I am blessed with more time than $$$$ I think that I will try to remove it all myself first, fit it, test it, then decide if I need to go another route. By the way, I love the Suicide Doors. If this were not my first one I might try them too. Maybe the next go-around!

jimbob1957 & tabdoo16: I was really hoping that someone would come up with an alternative to the stock harness. I want to give it a try, but I feel better if I have another option in the back pocket (other than a manifold and carburetor). Thanks!

tabdoo16: By the way – I am seriously impressed at your project and welding skills – It looks great!! I hope that mine can look ½ as good. I am also encouraged to see the ’80 steering column match to the 700r4 – I was planning on using that vintage column too.

wilbur: Very cool truck! I really got a kick to see how you pulled the cab off with the engine hoist! That’s exactly how I pulled mine off! Is the gas tank an aftermarket or from a donor? Also, I could not get your second page of pics (the one with the motor to load).

Thanks again and keep it coming if you have any other ideas or input.

Carl


CCB