| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,402 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 547 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 547 | Understood. Problem I am now having is that I am doing this with the head installed and the engine in the truck. Keeping the valve in place has been difficult. I have tried using air and have moved on to the rope method. I have had more success with the rope, but the exhaust valves have been the most difficult because it is hard to keep them from moving 1/2" of so. I guess the combustion chamber shape doesn't lend well to stuffing rope into the chamber. Secondly the spring compressor only compresses part of the spring due to the design. It's harder to reach the second groove when the compressor doesn't want to give you full compression.
58' 3200 235 3-speed/OD
| | |
| |
| |