I thought I posted this some time back but can't find it. If I did slap me on the wrist. Didn't think it belonged in the engine forum as it all seems to be stock engine related but move it if need be. I have a 5.3 Vortec engine out of a 2001 Tahoe in my 49. It is stock and I'm looking to dress it up. I've been looking at the coil pack covers and I'm seeing short, tall, and stock. Not really sure which ones I should be looking for since the PO installed this engine so I don't know if the alternator is still in the stock position. Kinda hate the plastic cover on top that says Vortec as well. Anyone care to take a stab at this?


"If you can't fix it with duct tape it's an electrical problem"
1949 5 Window 3100
Follow in the DITY
Veteran of the USAF
My Website