Jerry,

For mountain driving, my needs are reliable brakes (preferably disk) and enough power to go up and down hills. Some people around here drive like id**ts and have no problem cutting in front of you and then hitting their brakes. I'm okay with leaf springs in the front and rear, as long as I can have at least disk brakes in the front.

I don't want a car like ride and I don't want a car that drags the ground.

Thanks,
Rob

Originally Posted by Hotrod Lincoln
"Modernize the ride"- - - - - -what, exactly is your goal once the project is done? If you want a modern passenger car ride, it's going to involve a lot less hassle and expense to just buy the car. Making a truck ride like a car is sort of like making a silk purse from a sow's ear- - - - -it actually can be done, but it makes the pig look funny, and it doesn't hear very well afterwards.
LOL!
Jerry


1951 Chevrolet 3100