| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,100 Posts1,056,178 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2017 Posts: 330 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2017 Posts: 330 | An inch is huge in my book. There is no way to control the alignment with that much movement, thus it is "squirrely".
I have always felt that there should be essentially no play in the pins and just a tiny bit in the bearings. Some toe in takes care of that under normal driving and makes the steering feel solid. Some folks like the bearing tight, I like a very little play.
I have no experience with swapping axles, I have only overhauled to factory specs, someone else will need to help with that.
Mac :{)
1962 K10 short step side, much modified for rally 1969 T50 fire truck, almost nos, needs a few things
| | |
| |
| |